Effective Date: 01/01/2023
1. Personal Data Collection
Personal Data Collected During Purchases
When you make or attempt to make a purchase, we gather the following types of Personal Data:
- Account Information: This includes your name, email address, and password.
- Payment Information: This encompasses your billing address, phone number, credit card, debit card, or other payment methods.
When utilizing our products and/or features, we collect the following types of Personal Data:
- Account Information: This consists of your name, email address, and password.
- Payment Information: This covers your billing address, phone number, credit card, debit card, or other payment methods.
Sensitive Personal Data Collection
We also gather specific Sensitive Personal Data. When collecting such information, we will ensure to obtain your explicit consent.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Data
We gather Personal Data from various sources, which include:
Directly from you: You may provide us with Account Information, Payment Information, Financial Information, Demographic Data, Purchase Information, Content, Feedback, and Product Information through filling out forms, using our products or services, entering information online, or corresponding with us via mail, phone, email, or other methods.
Examples of when you may provide Personal Data include when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our website
- Use our products or services;
- Generate content through our products or services;
- Express interest in our products or services;
- Download software or our mobile application;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Complete a voluntary market research survey;
- Contact us with an inquiry or to report an issue (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service);
- Log in to our website through social media.
Automated technologies or interactions: While interacting with our website, we may automatically collect Device Data about your equipment, Usage Data regarding your browsing actions and patterns, and Contact Data for tasks carried out on our website that remain incomplete, such as uncompleted orders or abandoned baskets. We collect this information using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. For more information, please see our Cookie section (below).
Third parties: We may obtain Personal Data about you from various third parties, including:
- Account Information and Payment Information from another individual when they purchase a gift for you on our website; Device and Usage Data from third parties like analytics providers, such as Google;
- Account Information and Payment Data from social media platforms when you log in to our website using such platforms;
- Content from communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you grant us permission to access your data on such third-party services or networks;
- Account Information and Payment Data from third parties, including organizations (such as law enforcement agencies), associations, and groups that share data for fraud prevention and detection as well as credit risk reduction;
- Account Information, Payment Data, and Financial Data from providers of technical, payment, and delivery services.
If you supply us or our service providers with Personal Data related to other individuals, you confirm that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Policy. If you believe that your Personal Data has been improperly provided to us or wish to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, please contact us using the information outlined in the "Contact us" section below.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your orders and provide our services.
- Communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and send you newsletters or promotional materials, if you have opted in to receive them.
- Improve our Site, products, and services.
- Personalize your experience on our Site.
- Comply with legal obligations and protect our rights and interests.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as payment processors and shipping providers.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- As part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
Our Usage of Cookies: We employ various types of cookies to provide you with the best possible experience, including:
Preference: These cookies help personalize content and deliver a tailored experience to you. For instance, your location may be used to present services and offers relevant to your area.
Analytics: We gather analytics about the visitors to our site in order to refine our services and products.
Controlling Your Cookies: Unless a cookie is deemed strictly necessary, you have the option to either accept or decline its usage at any time. To modify how we collect information from you, please visit our Cookie Manager.
6. Data Security
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
7. International Data Transfers
8. Children's Privacy
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification
10. Your Personal Data Rights
Depending on your geographic location and citizenship, your rights are subject to local data privacy regulations. These rights may include:
- Right to Access (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 15, CCPA/CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, CTDPA, UCPA, LGPD, POPIA): You have the right to know if we are processing your Personal Data and to request a copy of the Personal Data we process about you.
- Right to Rectification (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 16, CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, CTDPA, LGPD, POPIA): You have the right to rectify incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you.
- Right to be Forgotten (right to erasure) (GDPR Article 17, CCPA/CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, CTDPA, UCPA, LGPD, POPIA): You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data we process about you, unless we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Right to Restriction of Processing (GDPR Article 18, LGPD): You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under specific circumstances. In this case, we will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Right to Portability (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 20, LGPD): You have the right to obtain Personal Data we hold about you in a structured, electronic format and to transmit such Personal Data to another data controller, where this is (a) Personal Data you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you or the third party that subscribes to services.
- Right to Opt Out (CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, CTDPA, UCPA): You have the right to opt out of the processing of your Personal Data for purposes of: (1) Targeted advertising; (2) The sale of Personal Data; and/or (3) Profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you. Under CPRA, you have the right to opt out of the sharing of your Personal Data to third parties and our use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Data to uses necessary to provide the products and services reasonably expected by you.
- Right to Objection (GDPR Article 21, LGPD, POPIA): If the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing based on your specific situation. We will comply with your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests and rights or if we need to continue processing the Personal Data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- Nondiscrimination and nonretaliation (CCPA/CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, CTDPA, UCPA): You have the right not to be denied service or experience altered service for exercising your rights.
11. Merger or Acquisition
12. Contact Information
Captain Demo's Red Hot Pepper Sauce, LLC.
Effective Date: 01/01/2023